I wear dresses and skirts year-round. Tights are a must; but footed tights making your shoes slip off? Ain’t nobody got time for that!
That’s why I LOVE ankle boots. I’m a big fan of low profile, simple black ankle boots with a good sturdy heel that I can walk around in comfortably all day… but recently I’ve been obsessed with sturdy black ankle boots with bad-ass-bitch straps and buckles.
After WEEKS of fruitless searching for a pair that perfectly combined style, comfort and a don’t-have-to-eat-ramen-for-a-week price, the closest I came was this pair on asos.com: Faith Spitalfield Black Buckle Ankle Boots, now sold out, but at the time they cost about $120 bucks.
Waaay too expensive, plus I’m not a fan of the open sides during rainy seasons. One of my favorite things about ankle boots is that I can wear them rain or shine.
Expensive designer version:
Here’s MY version that cost under $60 bucks:
- Comfy boots with the perfect silhouette from Chinese Laundry – $42.59 (sale price on amazon.com)
- 2 boys’ belts- $6.00 each from Walmart
- Super Glue of your choice
Here’s what I did:
- Put on one boot.
- Wrap a belt underneath the arch of your foot, cross the belt across the top of your foot and wrap around the back of your heel.
- When you have the look you want, fasten the belt.
- Follow the super glue directions to attach the belt to the shoe where it wraps underneath your arch.
- Repeat with the second shoe.
Done, BAM. Take that expensive designer boot regime!